Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I take a PhD in Astrophysics after completing a full 4 year Aerospace engineering Course at University?

Can I?


I want to so I can complete my dream of finding the unknown, and solving the mysteries and full fill my purpose





Also I hear that some Aerospace Engineering Program has a Astrophysics course, is that true? If not then what should I do?|||Yes, you can be get into an astrophysics PhD program if you've completed a 4-year degree in aerospace engineering . A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university in the U.S. with at least 20 semester hours (30 quarter hours) of introductory and advanced undergraduate physics course work, is required for admission into Doctor of Philosophy in Physics (Ph.D.). Usually you should have takn one or more years of engineering physics, physical chemistry, electricity and magnetism, optics, mechanics, atomic and nuclear physics, quantum mechanics, mathematical physics, differential equations, and analysis. Students can make up course deficiencies during the first graduate year.





You can take courses in astrophysics as electives or just for fun. A major in engineering, physical, biological sciences, mathematics, or computer science is best.|||I'm not really sure what classes an aerospace engineer would take. Typically, people applying to a PhD program in astrophysics have a bachelors degree in physics - the minimum coursework you'd need would be calculus I and II, linear algebra, differential equations, intro physics I and II, mathematical physics I and II, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics and statistical mechanics, modern physics, and quantum mechanics (often many more courses as well). If you already know you want to go to grad school for astrophysics, you'd be much better off just majoring in physics - it would be better preparation for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment