Saturday, November 19, 2011

How much Chemistry should know a Physics undergrad ,who s interested in Astrophysics and Space technology?

I m a physics undergrad with a major interest in astrophysics and space technology and I m not found of Chemistry at all.The question is for those of you who are at least grad student or higher . I m quite F level in Chem.and the worst of it is that I can hardly force myself to dig deeper in Chem.Thanks!|||Um, look around here and see if you like this much chemistry.





http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hba鈥?/a>





Then this tutorial on Remote Sensing. Remember, astronomers never ever get to touch the objects they are viewing.





http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Front/tofc.html|||I did Chemistry at GCSE (age 16) but from then on I only did physics/astrophysics and maths. It never made any difference to me, so don't worry!





Post 16, I got top marks in 3 A-Levels (Physics, Maths and Geography), a First class Honours degree BSc Physics with Astrophysics and a MSc in Astrophysics.|||My major is Honours in Physics, Astrophysics specialization, and to tell you the truth, you only need level 1 chemistry to persue your studies, as long as you can pass that you're good to go...I personally hate chemistry, but a big part of physics is related to it, they are all sciences and they interact in a way or another...so for example when studying electrons and atoms you need some understanding of how they work in a chemical sense in order to fully understand the physical sense...but again, all you need is level 1 chem, that's it...

No comments:

Post a Comment