Saturday, November 19, 2011

Which of these colleges is best for Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy?

I just need a little more advice on which college I should attend. Right now my top three picks (not in an order) are:





Boston University


University of Arizona


Case Western





I also got accepted to:





University of Wisconsin Madison


University of Massachusetts Amherst





I wanted to major in Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy or something similar. I also plan to attend graduate school. Which college has the best Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy program? And any other suggestions or comments?





Thanks!|||Ya, everybody wants to be an astronaut! LOL





You'll be selling real estate when your 30!|||If you do plan to go to grad school in astronomy or astrophysics, major in physics in college. Math, astronomy, and computer science are also useful, but physics is essential. U of A, Wisconsin, and Amherst have the best programs of the schools you mentioned - go to one of those. Personally, I'd go with U of A, they have a top-10 astro grad program, so it shouldn't be too hard to get into another top school for grad school from there. Spend your summers doing research projects either at U of A or through REU programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment