Saturday, November 19, 2011

What kind of job can I get with an astrophysics degree?

I want to work with NASA someday, even if it is far-fetched, and I was wondering what I should do in college do accomplish this. I was think either majoring in aerospace engineering or astrophysics, but I feel like astrophysics can't promise the job opportunities that the engineering degree could.|||There's no point in majoring in astronomy or astrophysics as an undergraduate.



Learn as much math, computer programming, physics and engineering as possible. Then apply for graduate school at one of the dozen major universities that do research in astrophysics, and go for a PhD. These programs require a math and physics background, but not astronomy. It won't hurt to take a course in astronomy, but it won't help much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment