Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can I work in the fields of astronomy, astrophysics, or quantum physics without a degree in said fields?

I am an English major, graduated in 2008. I currently work in publishing. But my true love is in space. I fully admit that I am not a scientific genius and that I have a lot to learn about these sciences, but I am incredibly passionate. I have a hunger to learn and would love to find a job in these fields that are accessible without having to be some Cal Tech genius. Are there jobs I could do in these fields? Research? Reporting? Anything? Thanks.|||Science journalism would probably be your best bet if you simply want to report in these areas; in which case your current English degree should do, you'd probably start as a junior science reporter or something.|||Script writer for science shows.


Web page editor for content, accuracy


Reviewer for software, publications, on line apps, blogs, etc.


Planetarium operations


Tours, public relations at observatories


Retail sales of astronomy equipment


Commerical space venture firms


Many institutions look for talented people who can solve problems and communicate well, especially in technical fields, management, public relations. Sometimes cross-fertilization from other fields would be to the benefit of both you and a future employer.





A young man I know was a journalist and English news writer in New Delhi ten years ago. He wanted to do astronomical research on asteroids. He is now an associate professor of Astronomy and Geophysics and a researcher in two notable institutions. He has a remarkable mind and will. Just shows what can be done with some effort and being in the right place at the right time.|||After yours assuming that it is serving you can work what you will been said.Over some years you can write what you have knew on that working as dissertation.(if will be alive of course).Tasks look like as very simple but will be very hard to fulfill.Now you must help survive to those who really love space as you.The serving will turn in job then.Good luck! For all that the learning is wellcom!

No comments:

Post a Comment