Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is double majoring in Biophysics and Astrophysics a smart thing to do?

I love mathematics, I love physics, I love biology and I love astronomy! I just love these subjects. So I was thinking it might be a good idea to double major in both.





So what do you guys think?|||The thing is, theres not many jobs and it's a waste to go into astronomy if you just plan to learn it because you love it. You have two options, study either in your free time or major in one topic and minor in another.|||What are you going to do with that? There's pretty much nothing you can do in astrophysics without a PhD in the field, and an astrophysics major usually doesn't include enough physics to get you into grad school in astronomy or physics. There are more opportunities in biophysics, but most still require a PhD (unless you want to do medical physics, but that's not the same thing as biophysics).|||Yea, that's not very realistic, unless you're crazy smart and disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment