Friday, December 2, 2011

What are the best Astrophysics colleges/universities in the US?

I just ended my freshman year in high school and I love anything related to astronomy. I live in NC and plan on going to NC State, but I just want to know how they rank against other colleges/universities. Also are there any interships for a 15 year old?|||For grad schools, the following are all at or near the top:


Univ. Arizona


Univ. Hawaii


Univ. Chicago


Cal Tech


UC Berkeley


Cornell





But there are many other universities with superb programs.





For undergrad, there are many schools with excellent physics programs. Too many to list.





NC State is certainly respectable and I'm sure you can get a good education there, but it would not be at the top of anyone's list for graduate or undergrad astrophysics. You're much too young to be deciding what college to go to, though. Look at all your options.





And no, there are no astrophysics internships for 15 year olds. Sorry. Keep studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment