Friday, December 2, 2011

What are the best classes to take in high school if I'm planning on majoring in Astrophysics?

I also heard that I should major in Physics at an undergraduate level then just take Astrophysics in graduate school. Anyone have personal experience or anything?|||For Astrophysics, your best bet would be to take ALL math courses available to you. Make sure you take Physics, Stats, Algebra, Calculus, and Chemistry as well. And I know that some High Schools offer Astrology nowadays, so it wouldn't hurt to pick that up if it is available to you.





I provided a link in "Sources" just so you get a general idea.





Hope this helps.








Dingo|||I'm not sure about the waht to do for the undergrad/grad school, for that, talk to the counsilers at your school.





But for astrophysics, I know it couldn't hurt to take physics, advanced math, calculus, maybe even chemistry (just because it's another mathy class)|||In High School:


IB Physics


IB Chemistry


IB Math





At Undergraduate Level:


Physics


Math


Chemistry


Do NOT take Astronomy at the undergraduate level (It's a waste of time)

No comments:

Post a Comment