Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What can you do with an astrophysics degree?

Astronomy is something I'm really interested in, and, after my a levels, I'm probably gonna study it at university. However, lots of people have been telling me that there isn't much you can do with a degree in it. Sorry if I'm being impressionable, but it's kind of putting me off. Can anyone clear this up as to what sort of jobs you can do afterwards, and whether its a useful degree?|||It's a good 'first impression' factoid to get more dates.





The competition for careers in the field of astronomy and astrophysics is incredibly fierce, and the money isn't all that phenomenal, given the time and hard work one has to put into it to get anywhere. Unless you are very passionate about it, I would recommend keeping astronomy as a hobby, and finding something else to earn your income. That's what I did anyway, and now I have a night sky I can explore for fun every clear night, while not having to worry about losing my hobby because it has become my 'job.'





Everyone is wired differently. Perhaps combining your hobby with your future career is something you will find fulfilling, but keep in mind, it takes a *lot* of work and dedication to get a job in this field, and nobody goes after this profession with money as their primary motivation.|||You can do almost anything with an astrophysics degree, since if you can get there, it shows a high level of intelligence and therefore go for it with all your heart and the world is your oyster. Or should that be, the universe is your oyster?|||Many astrophysics graduates work in finznce, coz it helps to be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment